Sunday, January 18, 2009

And behind this door...

Some of the more unusual things I have found in mailboxes: 1. A bird 2. A bird nest 3. A bird nest with eggs 4. A bird nest with baby birds 5. A gazillion wasps 6. A bazillion wasp nests 7. A katrillion spiders
8. A trazillion fire ants 9. A coiled copperhead snake - dead, but still scared hell out of me! 10. A dead rabbit 11. A crow's wing - minus the crow 12. An envelope with a zip-lock bag inside. The bag contained, unbeknownst to me, a sample of pond water. This was on a very hot day. Can you guess what happened when I picked up the envelope? Yes, the bag burst. Hot, stinky liquid got all over me. It smelled like stagnant stump water and horse pee. And this was just after the anthrax mailings! I was not a happy mail carrier. Stay tuned. I have a feeling this list will grow.

1 comment:

pmrwife said...

Brenda, I think you found a gazillion fire ants in our box too...along with the bird's nest!