Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blah, blah, blah


Some days I feel like I'm a talking head. Just shoulders and a head riding in a Jeep. Oh yeah, with arms, too. Got to have arms and hands to deliver all that wonderful mail. huh
Example: I was shopping at Wal-Mart one day, pushing my cart, minding my own business when I spied one of my customers. I stopped to speak to them. I was greeted with a blank stare. I knew the problem. Explained that I was their mail carrier. Light bulb comes on. "Oh, yeah! Well, I didn't recognize you without a Jeep window frame around you." ha-ha

Another one: I see one of my customers at a small convenience store. "Hey, are you the mail lady?" (He's looking at my ID badge.) "Yes, I am. How are you today?" "Oh, fine. I didn't recognize you standing up!" (Excuse me?) I looked around to see if anyone else heard him. (I don't want folks to think he WOULD recognize me lying down!) I say, "That's OK. No one recognizes me when I'm outside of my Jeep." (Sheesh.)

No comments: